Miyerkules, Enero 4, 2012

Turning OC :)

This morning, I decided to finally clean the room (again), not only because it's New Year but because I'm getting ready for the new stuff that's bound to invade the rest of the room--our baby things. Although I haven't bought anything just yet, I already put the bed aside, stuck to the wall again so there'd be space in case we decide to buy a cribbie. One reason why I also decided to pamper the room was because I know in the next weeks to come, it'd be much harder for me to move around and carry out chores. Actually, I also had a hard time cleaning up earlier. I had to move in a slow pace to make sure I don't tire and place too much pressure on my bump. I was able to finish everything in two hours and a half. Not bad! :) 

And because I've already cleaned the room and it's ready to welcome new stuff, I'm planning to do some baby shopping tomorrow. I'm planning to buy basic items lang muna since we're on a budget and mom said it's better to buy daw once the baby is out so we'd be sure of the size. I'm still thinking though if I'd push through with my plan of using only organic products for the baby, both for clothing, bathing and laundry. It'd be quite costly compared to ordinary baby products but what's good about it is it's proven safe for baby since it has less or no chemicals at all. 

I'm planning to breastfeed full-time, too. That's why I've been psyching myself that I wont ever need a formula milk for my baby. My only backup plan incase i don't have much milk is a lactation massage from Manang Lita, other than that, wala na. I've seen the effects kasi of not breastfeeding with Xander, my nephew with Abby. He's quite sickly, although he's smart and bibo naman. On the other hand, Julian, Kali's nephew who's been breastfed up until before he turned two and only stopped because Ate Cha got pregnant with Javier, is healthy most of the time (exception is the asthma he inherited from his father), and has advanced progress in his talking and walking skills. Months after turning one, he could basically converse already and could memorize and mimic expressions and words in an instant. By the time he turned two, he could already sing nursery rhymes with the right lyrics. Although enrolling him on Kinder Music classes and his parent's patience were helpful, I believed his stable health brought about by breastfeeding helped and prepared him to be a bibo kid. :) 
That's why I'd go for breastfeeding talaga. :)

With so much in my mind, I think I have to write my Birth Plan and tell my OB-Gyn about it na. Since not all hospitals are quite strict on implementing the room-in policy after birth, I should tell them in advance that I want Baby Boy to latch agad the moment he comes out and that he'd be roomed in with me. Also, no formula milk whatever happens. Haha. Oh no, I think I'm turning into one OC mom already. :) Pero okay na maging OC kesa lax masyado. :)

By the way, I checked out TwoTots' products via their website. Their nursery ideas were really cute and unique although quite expensive. Just looking at their line of furnitures, I could say that it's something that could be considered a good investment. My favorite was their changing table which has a baby dresser under it. I also love their blankies and magnetic canvas that you could hang on the wall. :) Since their items are quite costly, I'm thinking of making my own nursery designs and buying cheaper versions of their items. :) But if you're a mom who could afford and would want great nursery items for your kiddo, visit their website: http://twotots.net/ and be amazed just like me. :) 

Last for today's blog, I'm quite decided already to drop birthing classes. It was supposed to be a whole day event this Saturday. I know I've wished and waited for it for months but since Kali wouldn't even bother talking about baby plans, I kinda gave up on the idea already. I just don't want it to come from me because I'd only be disappointed if he refuses. So to stay away from unnecessary disappointment and stress, I'd rather drop the subject and just find a way to learn about it. Thank goodness for the internet. :)

Time's up! :) I promised myself a reward today for cleaning our room and that is a Vampire Diaries Marathon. :) I need to catch up on what happened to Helena, Stephan and Damon already. :) I've missed my vampire friends. :)

Til my next blog.
 
P.S.
Two things I learned for the past few days:
1. Always make yourself of use/useful. 
2. Sometimes, it's better not to care. 

(I'm mastering no.2 already!) :)

xoxo

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento