Linggo, Enero 8, 2012

Epiphany Sunday

Today is a rainy Sunday. :)


I've been wanting to return to the bookstore to get what I still need to finish the baby shower decors but I'm guessing that it'd be impossible to go out today because of the rain. Although somehow it has already subsided, the sky still tells me that there's more rain to come for the rest of the day. 


Just like our usual Sunday, we attended the 11am UP Mass but without Papa today. He was still sleeping when we left. Ate said, he just came home from a meeting around five this morning that's why he wasn't able to join us for mass. It was our first mass for this year. We weren't able to attend the New Year's mass because after checking out at Traders Hotel, we went to Boni High Street with Kuya Bayan, Ate Cha and the kids. We didn't get the chance to visit the church because Kuya Jess only drove for us that day. 


Today is the Sunday of Epiphany or Three Kings. 
And there's just too much Epiphany for me today. Aside from the priest's homily today which was good, there's just too many things that came in to me today. It was true when the priest said that we people always think that we have to go too far to experience God but the truth is, we don't really have to do that. God makes himself available for us to experience him everyday without having to go the distance. He makes himself visible and felt thru the people we get to meet and encounter this day, and we only have to realize that. God manifests himself everyday thru our experiences, and all we have to do is appreciate it.


Other things that came in to me today is that I realized I've been stressing myself out emotionally. Besides that it's kinda uncalled for, it's not healthy for me and the baby. I learned that sometimes, I should just learn to let things be and that I have to speak it out. When Kali and I are doing the baby shopping yesterday, it wasn't hard naman pala to tell him something, I just need to put authority (haha) and tell him what I need. :)


And speaking of Baby Shopping, we're able to shop a few things for baby boy na. :) We bought a few whites, konting colored damits and blankets. Ang dami ko tuloy lalabhan. Haha. :) But anything for baby boy naman, I'm willing to do. :) Since we're not through with shopping just yet, what I did was I checked out those that we're buying on our next shopping day and compared prices and quality standards. I checked out feeding bottles and sterilizers and was surprised with the cost. Five feeding bottles for a whopping three grand and a sterilizer worth five thousand pesos. Grabe. That was all I could say. But since nga I'm planning to breastfeed naman, I don't see the urgency of buying baby bottles. I just wanna continue psyching myself that I'll breastfeed full-time and purchasing baby bottles just won't do the trick. But I still plan to buy a pair of small ones just in case I need it and I'll invest on those milk storage containers instead in aide for my breast pump which Mommy Ella will lend me. :) 


Yesterday, we also had our prenatal checkup before we went shopping. Good news is I only gained a pound. The not-so-bad news is Baby boy is still on transverse lie meaning, he's lying on a horizontal position. His head on my right side while his feet on my left and his back was lying on my tummy. Kinda like this: 


I'm still hopeful and praying that he'd turn in the next couple of weeks because if he won't, I'll be forced to have a Caesarian Section which I'm trying to avoid. Aside from the fact that it's costly, I just want to have a normal delivery in my future pregnancies (if God allows :)) Plus, I don't want to be placed in a recovery room after birth. When I got home yesterday, I immediately researched how to turn the baby  and I'm eager to try the exercises I saw. Now, I'm downloading music naman for breech babies. Goodness. I'm willing to try everything just to make this baby turn. :)


I also got my flu shot yesterday. I'm really not happy with needles but I got no choice but endure it. Right now, my left arm's kinda sore and I could not move it that much. :|


I wanted to write a bit more but my clock tells me that I have to prepare to do the flipping exercises. I hope baby boy participates. :) 


This coming Saturday, we'll be having my baby shower! :) Kinda excited for it and prepared decors and prizes for the games. :) I'm hoping though that expected friends could make it. :) 

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento