Martes, Enero 24, 2012

32 3/7: Things are Just Getting More Exciting

Hi Bloggy! :)


I wasn't able to write yesterday after getting home from the mall. I was on my OC-Mommy mode and fixed the stuff we bought upon arriving. We already bought Uno a cribbie and the funny thing was we got the bigger (and better one) courtesy of the grannies (Kali's parents). :)


On my last blog, I've mentioned that we're planning to purchase this crib: 




But after the grannies checked on it, they thought it's not so sturdy. 


And so, we landed on this:


CuddleBug's Riverside 4-in-1 Crib

It turns into a toddler bed and a daybed

And later, into a full-size bed

Months ago, I fell in love with this crib the first time I saw it. Eversince I laid my eyes on it, I've always told Kali that this is what I want for a crib explaining to him the advantages of the whole package and sales-talking him into it. At first, he approved but during the next time that we looked for a crib, he opted for the white one because he found the Riverside bed too big and impractical.


I was then convinced to just settle on the Newport crib thinking that it's better to have it than to have nothing for Uno. I already even pictured in my mind how it would look inside our bedroom and freed up space for it. But yesterday, things changed. Mama and Papa convinced Kali that it's better to purchase the sturdier one. I just smiled at the thought that in the end, I still got what I wanted. Happy? Yes. Contented? Yes. It felt like an answered prayer. God really knows what's best. :)


We purchased the crib and the store said they'll have it delivered within two weeks. I'm quite excited about it. Haha! I swear. Anyway, after slashing the crib out of our To-buy List, we headed to the department store to checkout crib mattresses. Unfortunately, they didn't have the brand we were looking for. What they have looked like a Class-C thin foam for small beds. Good thing was, Kali lured Christian to give Uno a mattress as a gift. To my surprise, Christian didn't hesitate. He'll give two mattresses actually, one is of good quality, while the other will be used for mainly stuffing. We find the mattress height too low, so we thought we might need another foam to increase it's height. 


Since we failed getting mattresses and I learned before going to the mall that I bought the wrong size of crib bedding during my second batch of baby shopping, I looked for an alternate for it. I'm actually obsessing on Classic Winnie the Pooh stuff for Uno's beddings and to my delight, I found these cute flat sheets on sale for only Php130. 


Loving Classic Winnie the Pooh Designs
for Uno's beddings :)
 
I already have 3 crib sheets, 2 bolster pillows, a baby pillow and comforter all with Classic Winnie the Pooh designs. I'm still looking forward to getting more stuff with the same design.  Reminded me of my high school days when I used to collect Winnie the Pooh items. 


We did the grocery afterwards. I've tried buying everything we might be needing for the first few weeks and stuffed it inside the container box which we also purchased yesterday. I placed all Uno's beddings and crib bumpers on the other container box. 


For the meantime, this is where
I'm placing all Uno's stuff. 

So far, I could say that we're all good and we're just waiting for Uno to come out. Haaaay. I can't wait. :)


Tranquil Tuesday


My day started early. I woke up minutes before 7am and had my high-fiber breakfast after which, we did our usual morning walk around the village. I did plan yesterday to wash the bedding we bought but Ate Jem insisted that she'll do the washing  for me instead. May be she was concerned about my condition and thought that it'd be best if I won't do the laundry for now. I could still do it actually but I didn't want to argue with her because I know she'll insist. I just changed our curtains then and had the white ones (which I removed) washed so I could use them the next month.


After doing the curtains, I found myself hungry and with nothing to do, so I grabbed my second round of breakfast: Chips Ahoy and Fresh Milk. I kinda resented eating it because minutes after, lunch was served.



Lunch.


Some mommy-reading.


Siesta.


For merienda, Kali made some French Toast. Yummy! I've been actually thinking about and drooling over French toasts for the past few days that's why I'm totally surprised that he made some without me telling him. I had three toasts with condensed milk on top! :)




Happy Tummy! :)


It's almost 7pm now, and here I am. Writing. Mommy-reading. I think I'll have to pause first coz I have to iron the washed beddings. :) Mr. Sun was so up, he dried the beddings in a swift! :) 


xoxo 

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento