Sabado, Enero 21, 2012

32 Weeks - Holding on to my plans and dreams

Hi Bloggy! :)


This week, I've started considering moves and plans for my career. Since I won't be able to work instantly after birth and I haven't really thought of future office careers, I'm starting to list work-at-home jobs as top priority in finding one. I would want to focus on Uno's first year full-time but still have something lucrative on the side because I want to earn and save up for a future house, a dream car and Uno's needs and wants in the coming years.


On my last blog, I've mentioned that Kali just landed a writing job for Solar Sports' BTV. I'm thinking of applying for their Talk TV Channel which has an opening for the same position but I haven't gathered enough confidence to write for something as big as Solar Sports. But for the sake of trying, I might as well go and take a chance on it. 


I've also considered developing my own website and make something out of it. For the past months, I've been lured to many Mommy blogs and online shops and I thought I might get a hit on it because there are only a few mommy blogs and sites here in the Philippines and the market is as simple as Moms (Dads, maybe) and kids. Most of the mommy blogs I've seen made blogging and online selling work hand-in-hand. They write about mommyhood and sell mommy and baby items at the same time. 


I want to do that too. Either I'll get my own line or re-sell products. As I could see it, online shopping would still be a trend in the coming years since it's more accessible even to the international market and convenient for busy moms who don't have time to stop and shop for their babies. Also, it's an easy way to reach moms and moms-to-be. Talking from experience, I've learned so much from just reading online articles written by other moms and I want to be like them. 


Moreover, I want to share on my blog that being a mom doesn't mean we have to forget about ourselves and just plainly be a mom. I would want to encourage other moms especially young moms whose numbers are on the rise that we could be the best career and family woman at the same time without sacrificing too much. 


On the selling and re-selling part, I want to be an advocate of organic and eco-friendly products. As part of my commitment to mother nature and the country, I want to be part in sharing the goodness and benefits nature has to offer on our health and daily living while protecting Mother Earth and enriching a sustainable lifestyle. I know it's quite too ideal but with the help of other advocates, I'll be able to contribute in saving Mother Nature while giving the best things that it has to offer to our families. 


I'm quite serious in pursuing this bloggy thing so I consulted a web designer for my soon-to-be website and asked her to quote a price for a simple design and logo. I'm quite excited to see her answer next week and what she designed for me. What's good about this website developer that I found on the net is that she's an expert in designing sites for mommies and she has a no-obligation policy when asked for a quotation. So if you don't like what she designed for you or it's too expensive, you don't have to pay her or take it. 


If you want to checkout or if you're planning to design and build your own website, you could check her themes and portfolio by clicking here. :) 


While online writing and re-selling is on top of my priority list, I'm also thinking of taking a short course on interior designing. I've always been a fan of interiors and furnitures, houses and architecture and motherhood just helped me boost this old passion of mine. I remember when I was five or so, I would always draw houses and show them to my mom. Maybe at that time, what pushed me to draw houses was because we lived in a small house with no rooms and the cabinet being the only divider separating our living and sleeping area. We had a common CR which is located outside the house and shared by two other neighbors and a deepwell where we take a bath on mornings and where the neighborhood does the laundry. So you see, we didn't really had a good house to begin with and there started my frustration and passion for building a good one in the future.


That love for houses and furnitures didn't stop there. When I turned 13, I remember receiving real estate flyers whenever we go to Manila or visit the mall and my amusement when getting one. I was so enthralled, I would imitate the drawings and make versions of my own. Most of the time, I would draw the top view where you see the divisions of each room. Something like this:  


After drafting them, I'll show them to my mom and tell her where the master's bedroom is, the kitchen, how many comfort rooms and so on and so forth after which she'll share to me Feng Shui stuff about building houses, placing doors and where's the best direction the house should be facing. As I was growing, I didn't have the say regarding how our house should be designed or if the furnitures should be replaced already. I was aware of these "flaws" but due to budget issues, I couldn't raise them up. It took a while before our house got finally furnished and painted. I remember sweeping off too much dust coming from the unpainted and unfinished walls and untiled floor and seating on plastic chairs during mealtime, piling them up after each meal just to save up space. 


The first time I finally got a say on issues regarding our house design was during high school. My friends would suggest that every week, we should visit a house and just hang out there for some time. I was too pressured to show our house that on the day before their visit, I did a general cleaning and tried re-arranging the furnitures. The visit went by smoothly but I was not really happy with what I could offer them. No peer pressure involved but I was just too envious of their houses that I found ours very "ugly". 


Little by little, part by part, we eventually had the house renovated and painted. I really had issues on house paint because I was traumatized by cold, gray and dusty walls. It seemed to me that we're living inside an unfinished house (which is true naman) but the house looked too raw that it appeared like we forced ourselves to move in ahead of time.  


When I moved out for my Manila life during college, I was kinda thankful that I didn't have to sleep inside those unpainted rooms. Fast forward after college, while I still didn't have a job I started painting and re-painting the whole house. And not just that, I tried fusing and moving furnitures, I shopped for curtains and opted for a color scheme for each room. We also removed clutter and things which have not been used or moved for years. I graduated March and had my first job on September. So the five months I've been jobless didn't really mean "No Work" for me after all the changes I've made in our house.


So going back to my plan on taking a short Interior Design course and infusing my mommyhood and nesting skills on it, I wanted to focus on room and furniture designs  for nurseries and kids rooms.  I've been inspired by nursery works I found online that I wanted Uno to have one too. I know he'll be sharing his first few years with us that's why I want to turn our room into a child-friendly nursery and parent room at the same time. Just look at some of this photos from Project Nursery. Aren't they inspiring? 









Taking the course is actually a second priority only since I know studying's going to take much of my time. But I still plan to build a nursery for Uno by redesigning our room part by part in consideration of the budget and since I've always loved DIY Stuff and I have an artsy soul as well, I might do concepts of my own. :) I actually have something on my mind now that I wanted to execute soon. I found this inspiration online. I was browsing the net a few days ago looking for a cute concept for  Uno's stuff when I bumped into this simple changing table. 




I've scouted a few changing tables sold online and in the baby stores but it's too expensive. I'm thinking of having this one made since it's simple and it's good for organizing stuff inside the room. Also, you could turn this into something else like a table for his books or toys once he outgrows it. I want to ask my dad if he knew a good carpenter who could do this. I'm confident actually that he could nail this design by himself, I just need a good quality of wood because this had to be really sturdy. :) 


So far, I have plans organized inside my head. I'm just worried because I think I'm planning ahead too much that I'm being hard on myself already. While I'm trying to organize everything, I try to ready myself in case these plans don't push through so that I won't get too frustrated. :)


32nd week


Yesterday was my 32nd week. Most of the time, I can't help but be excited for Uno's arrival. This feeling of excitement is killing my labor fears and worries and is emotionally helpful for me actually. Last Thursday, we had our 3D4D Ultrasound Rescan. I was so happy to see him all geared up, plump and ready for the world. He looks fatter compared to our first ultrasound  although he's still camera-shy, hiding his face behind his feet and hands. I don't mind not seeing the whole of his face (although I did). What's important is he's turned and is already lying on the right position. His music time every night actually helped him turn. :) Here's a glimpse of our Baby Uno. :) 


Our bun-in-the-oven: Leon Felipe Inno
Hopefully on Monday, we'll be purchasing his crib already courtesy of his Lola May. :) I just wanted the rest of my preggy weeks to run smoothly that's why I've been wanting to finish all the baby shopping already. Besides having a sore pelvic and tired lungs after long walks, I wanted to savor the rest of my nights because I know I'll turn into a Zombie Mom soon. :) 


Hmmm. I think this is the longest blog I've written so far. :) 


Bye for now. It's 10pm and I would have to do my prayer time in a short while. :)


Goodnight everyone!


Kong Hei Fat Choi! :)


xoxo

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento