Sabado, Marso 10, 2012

Late Post: 38 wks 1/7 - The False Alarm

Note: This is another late post. :)
This was written on March 2, 2012


According to the fetal Uterine age, Uno is now 38 weeks and 1 day. He has yet again exceeded expectations. I've always thought that I'd be giving birth already on my 37th week but Uno just won't give in and not just that, my little man has gained too much weight already. My doctor told me that I need to give birth in the next coming days since Uno's almost 8lbs already. If he gets bigger, I might have a hard time during labor and might undergo unexpected C-section which I don't want to happen really.

I went through IE two times earlier and that was quite violating. Haha. Just kidding! But I bled after. After that, they checked Uno and my contractions using a fetal monitor. So far, I still don't have strong contractions. We did a Bio-physical scan or BPS after to check if Uno's still doing good inside. During a BPS, Moms and babies have to pass four exams:

Baby's breathing, the sonologist would check if he could breathe on his own. Uno was sleeping soundly during the scan so the doctor had to ring a bell on my lower tummy to wake him up. He didn't respond so I was asked to turn and lie on my side a few times.

Hands and feet reflexes: The doctor has to see him move his hands and feet. And because he was sleeping, the bell was rang again on my belly. Good thing that after a few seconds he did respond.

Amniotic Fluid content: Since Uno has taken up so much space in my tummy, it was quite hard for the doctor to measure the amniotic fluid inside. But the results turned out well and showed that I'm not leaking any fluid just yet.

Major Organs. Uno's major organs were checked too. So far, his heart, lungs, liver and kidney are all working well.

While I was undergoing all these tests, my too nervous-excited husband has already announced to the world that I'm inside the labor room already. So everyone who got his message were too excited. Especially my family in Laguna. They all thought of going to Manila already.

It was a false or should I say, a practice birth announcement. Residents told me that my cervix have ripened but still intact. I just passed the mucus plug that's why I found some red spots on my discharge earlier. This though, is a sign that labor is about to start in a few hours or days. :)

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento