Huwebes, Pebrero 2, 2012

33 6/7 - Challenges and Changes

Hi Bloggy! :)


As I promised last night, I will try to collect my thoughts today. Yesterday's post was a horrible one and I'm sorry for being too excited and too indulged with these online games that my blog last night was compromised. I guess it's not healthy for me to write that late (9pm) because my body and brain (I could say) were too tired already that squeezing out words would mean a lot of effort. And so, I am writing at my usual writing time which is on a late afternoon. 


Hmmmm... What can I share to you today?


Kali's Impacho-ation


Well, I woke up a little too early this morning. Not that I need to do anything but because of these online games, I'm bound to check the status of my progress first thing in the morning which is actually a bad idea. I went down for breakfast and was surprised to see Mama still in the house. She was waiting for her service because she'll be on the fieldwork today (I guess).  But before I actually went down, I saw Kali still sleeping on the couch. He got out of bed earlier than me because he's been having an upset tummy since last night. (Well, he woke up at midnight to do number two). Up until lunch, he's been in and out of the comfort room due to indigestion.


I just had a light breakfast. Two pandesals and a cup of hot milk wasn't bad. I would have to control what I eat because as I've said last night, I feel like I'll hit extra lines on the weighing scale this weekend. We had our usual morning walk. 


Morning bath. 


Mommy-reading up until lunch time.


Siesta.


I woke up from my afternoon nap a little early because Christian asked me to proofread an article he's about to submit to his boss. Although I've already asked Kali to do it for me, I checked it out myself. Speaking of Christian, I'm not sure if I've mentioned this on my blog last night but he said he's going to purchase the mattresses for Uno's crib this weekend. We'll probably have it by late Saturday or Sunday. Finally. Just a few more fixings and everything's prepared for Uno's arrival. So far, all that's left to buy is the air-conditioning unit for our room. I've asked Kali about it and he haven't gave a thumbs-up about it.  


Stroller Update


I just told Kali a few minutes ago regarding the all-in-one infant car seat-rocker-carrier and stroller that I've researched. I've explained to him the perks but as usual, just like the case of the air-conditioning unit, he stood up on me and didn't give me a final answer about it. I don't know. I wanted to be disappointed but I think I would just have to let it go. He doesn't like it when I decide or plan on things without me telling him, but whenever I told him, he wouldn't give me an answer naman. It's a bit frustrating especially when it's something that is not for me. I mean, if this is just about me, my needs and wants could always wait. But the issue here is there's a baby who's bound to arrive in 2-3 weeks time. 




Where do I stand? Beside? Infront? At the back?


I don't know how far could I go on matters like this OR he could go on like this. It's just sometimes, I don't know where to place myself. I know it's ideal that I should be just right next to him but sometimes, I feel like I'm more of at the back, just following whatever he says which is not so me. But anyways, I don't need and should not stress myself at this point. Uno's coming anytime soon and I don't want him to feel bad for the few weeks that he's staying in my tummy. I'll think about these issues after I give birth. We really have so many things to talk about. 


Embracing Changes


On those times that I'm idling, I think about the changes that are going to occur after I give birth. Let me give you an idea on these thoughts.


Tummy. Well, of course, I don't really know what my tummy would look like. (Haha!) Please don't laugh at me. I really am clueless. All my life, I'm used to having this flat tummy which I proudly could say, everyone adores. (Yabang!) And now that I'm carrying this big bulge, I'm really clueless if it'll ever go back to it's old form. 


Appetite. I will not deny that this pregnancy really boosted my appetite a gazillion times. Not that I'm not matakaw way back then, but this preggo thing really plumped me up. After giving birth, I don't know if I'd still be this big eater that I am now. A part of me doesn't want this big appetite of mine to stop because my OB says, I'm on a perfect weight if I'm not pregnant; and yet a part of me wants this whole eating thing to slow down because I'm afraid I might not get back to my old slim self. But let's see. 


Sleep. I've seen how my sister Abby would wake up in the middle of the night to render on Xander's need mostly on food and nappy and I've read a lot of articles and facebook statuses of moms on sleep deprivation because of taking care of their babies. I know Uno's going to bring a lot of changes in my sleeping time, but I guess I could cope up with it since I'm quite used to sleeping late or only for a few hours when I was still working. 


Post-partum Emotional state. I've known moms who had depression bouts after delivery and those who weren't able to experience it. I can't really tell if I'll go through these baby blues but I'm praying that I won't since Uno would be needing me all the time and I would not be able to totally take care of him if I'm emotionally unhealthy. I must remember to snap out of it in case I started feeling it. 


Social Life. The moment I got pregnant, I know my social life was up for a 360-degree turn. I'm not allowed to stay out late and to go on out-of-town trips not unless it is called for like our Lubang trip last October. With Uno going to be around, I know I have to make sacrifices on my social activities. Like for example, drinking and going out with friends. On drinking, I've already had my mind set that I could not drink alcohol because I'm going to breastfeed hopefully for the next two years. Same as with going out with friends, I think I could still do that but on occasions that require my attendance. I'll have a child to look after and I should make him feel that he's my priority and not gimmicks anymore. I know I would have to go out once in a while for some fresh air and it'll always be a package and a compromise once Uno is here. 


These are only some of the things I've thought about on those times that I found myself with nothing to do. I know there's still a number of changes along the way and I welcome them. I believe that embracing these changes and overcoming them will help me become the best person that I could be and the best mom for Uno. 


This is all for today. :)


Tomorrow, I'm thinking of sharing the list of foods that I've been dying to eat once Uno is out. :) Most of them are junkies actually, but still I would like to share these cravings that I've been having and stopping myself from eating. :)


It's past 6pm. :) I hope this is enough to make up for the blog that I wrote last night. :)


xoxo

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento