Biyernes, Disyembre 30, 2011

Goodbye 2011

In a couple of days, we'll all be saying goodbye to 2011. Wow. Ang bilis talaga. Just same day, last year, I'm home in Laguna doing groceries and cleaning the house in preparation for New Year. This year, I'm celebrating New Year happily married to Kali, pregnant with my baby boy and away from home. Although it still quite saddens me to be celebrating the coming year away from Mom and Dad, my sibs and Xander, excited na din ako to be starting this new year with my own family. :) That thought makes me complete na. 


2011 I could say has been a tough year for me. I could simply describe it as my rollercoaster year. Rollercoaster with work, with lovelife and with family. There has been so many ups and downs, stops and detours, hellos and goodbyes. but at the end of it all, worth it lahat ng experience. Why? Because I've learned a lot from them and I'm in the process of becoming a better person.


This year, ang dami din challenges sa family. One of them was when Kuya Paul died in the middle of the year. It was one of the shocking news I received this year simply because it was unexpected and unbelievable. He took away his own life. Had I knew that he's been down and depressed for a long time, I could have helped him somehow. 


Later this year naman, Tito Bong died of cancer, which was also a shocker. We didn't know that he's been suffering for a year already. He will be laid to rest tomorrow. I'm sad for Tita Nancy and my cousins because they'll be starting 2012 without tito. New Year's eve has been extra significant to the whole family since Tito Bong would always gather us in their home and light up fireworks when midnight strikes. I look up to Tito Bong because he's always been  a good provider to his children. He may not spoke that much but with the way that he brought up my cousins, I know that he wanted the best for them. 


On a lighter note, 2011 gave me the two biggest surprises of my life: Marriage and Family. Two months ago, I got married to my boyfriend of six years, Kali and I'm now expecting a baby boy by March of next year. After all that Kali and I have been through, it feels great to still end up together. 


Oh 2011. Soon you'll be history. Thank you for the memories you brought me. :) 

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento